Home/How to Survive as a Slime in Another World/ch74


Chapter 74


Wyverns. Characterized by tough hide. Whether physical or magical, their defense is strong, and their beaks and claws are sharp and painful…….


Having been pecked by a wyvern back in the Forest of Darkness, I shuddered brrr. Ugh, bad memories…….


"Huh?"


Come to think of it, even back then, I…… had beaten a wyvern.


Right. There was only one, so I barely managed to take it down, but I've fought a wyvern before.


Waaah. I pounced on a wyvern that had fallen nearby.


Ssss.


It melts.


As expected, wyverns aren't as tough as trolls.


Having realized this, my black eyes narrowed.


These guys don't regenerate.


Ppong!


I immediately switched to human form and ran to Aria.


"Aria, Arya!"


Aria, who had been pressing down five or six wyverns at once with her sylph, looked back at me with an annoyed expression.


Sogoon-sogoon.


The surrounding elves glanced over with startled faces. Ah, I guess I didn't need to lower my voice?


Aria sighed softly and grabbed my shoulder. That means "okay," right?


I immediately reverted to my small slime form and stuck to Aria's hand.


"Ready!"


The next moment.


Ssae-ae-ak-


I was in the sky. My body soared high, as if about to collide with the white moon.


"Muut."


Eueu, scary, but thrilling.


Stuck to Aria's arrow, toong, I shot upward and landed directly on the head of a wyvern flying through the air.


Keu-keuk. A slime flying through the sky. Surprising, right?


"Maang."


Since wyverns are also quite tough, melting them completely takes time.


Swallowing wyverns is too inefficient when there are this many. The best attack I can do right now, while airborne, is.


Sss.


Burn their eyes. The weakest part of a wyvern. The wyvern screamed and thrashed.


Hehe. No matter how fast you fly, I'm already riding on you.


Kwaaang!


The blinded wyvern lost direction, crashed into a tall tree, and fell. Such wyverns were naturally easy pickings for the elves.


"Aigu, my bottom."


The elves picked me up and shot me back into the air.


Hehe. Feels like I have wings.


I knocked down countless wyverns, and occasionally, when they fell near the front, Elija and Delro rushed over to finish them off.


"See me?"


When I shouted from above, Delro, looking terribly envious, swung his sword.


"Damn it! Why aren't I that small!"


Kek-kek-kek.


While I was laughing cheerfully, ppeong, I flipped backward.


"Aish!"


It keeps happening!


"I'm right heeere, don't hit me too!"


Hitting me too with arrows aimed at wyverns—a life of being skewered. Since I was clinging to wyvern bodies in the chaos, I often ended up as an arrow cushion.


I melted the arrows stuck in my squishy slime body and pouted. It's unfair!


"Keu-ha-hat, slime, I'll remember your sacrifice!"


Elija didn't miss the chance to smack the back of Delro's head, which was splitting with laughter.


"Echo, be careful!"


"Muuung!"


Swordsmen, archers, and spirit mages all displayed their skills, and though it was tough, we were winning. It was a fierce battle, enough to be called a war.


Phew. Sitting on a wyvern's corpse, without even a moment to catch my breath, I was again dangling in the hand of some elf.


Toong-


Whoa, flying again.


The wyvern attack in the middle was a crisis, but I'm glad the situation stabilized again.


I thought that briefly as I was shot absentmindedly into the sky.


"Ddii……."


Fuck.


Harpies.


Carried upward on an arrow, I came face to face with them—creatures with human torsos and red bird bodies.


"Har-peee!"


Again?


The elves' faces soured too.


I can't take any more!


Aria, expressionless as if wearing an iron mask, aimed her bow at the sky again. As her sylph flapped its wings on her shoulder, its wind-formed body swelled greatly.


Whee-ing-


An ominous wind sound, and the sylph tried to fly up…… and sat back down.


Pudeudeuk.


"……Sylph?"


Aria's flustered gray eyes turned to the large bird on her shoulder.


-He has come.


"What do you mean……."


Before she could finish, two elves popped out from between the trees.


"Aria, you're working hard."


"I didn't expect it to be this noisy here."


Two blonde elves slightly shorter than Aria. They were the guardians who had split off in another direction at the start.


"Sonia, Glonia."


Which means.


Aria's face looked up at the sky.


I, riding on a wyvern, also tilted my head and then screamed.


"Muaaaaak!"


I'm floating!


Dungseul. I rose above the wyvern and quickly fell toward Aria.


"What, whaat!"


Catching me in her hand, Aria put away her bow.


"We don't have to worry about the sky anymore."


What's that supposed to mean? As I looked up at Aria's pretty gray eyes with wide eyes, the dense branches all shook at once.


-Celestine.


Oso-so. Goosebumps ran all over my body.


Under the moonlight, a fairy with smooth white fur rose into the air. With beautiful features, her long hair floated lightly like the wind. As the spirit drew a finger through the air, ujikkeun, the trees above shattered.


Kureureung.


At the overwhelming sound, Elija and Delro snapped their heads up and froze, but the elves relaxed their shoulders with relieved faces.


"It's Lord Zelmir."


"It's been so long since I've seen him summon a top-class spirit."


Top-class spirit? At those words, I looked at the fairy coldly gazing down from above. The scattered elves gathered. Aria bowed her head slightly.


"Tharel."


"Hmm. Since Zelmir brought out Celestine, we can just help clean up."


The elder called Tharel quietly moved to the front. The blonde-haired guardians raised their hands and reported the situation.


"The harpies we handled are all dead!"


"A few survivors fled this way, so we hurriedly followed, and things here are a mess too. I'd say it's good we followed right away."


I, Aria, and the guardians behind looked up again. So that's why the harpies suddenly appeared—they were fleeing.


In the sky, chaotic with wyverns and harpies, the spirit Celestine raised her hand again. Her white hair swayed in the wind.


-Zelmir.


Celestine, floating aloofly, looked down and nodded. Then, with a kwajik, a rough dust storm rose. Blinking against an incomprehensible pressure, I opened my eyes to find nothing floating in the sky but that spirit. My mouth fell open. The sky was clear.


"Wow, as expected of Lord Zelmir."


Among the identical-looking guardians, one with short hair clapped, eyes shining.


All the wyverns and harpies that had been hastily retreating from Celestine's presence were instantly crushed to the ground and killed.


"Mu-waaa."


As if a huge meteor had struck, even the trees had been shattered by the spirit's pressure.


From above, it must look like a perfectly round crater. The trees weren't just broken—they were completely compressed. I subtly hid behind Aria. Scary.


"Lord Zelmir!"


Jaba-jaba, stepping over the broken wood fragments, Zelmir appeared.


"You've all worked hard."


Pushing back his flowing white hair, Zelmir smiled warmly.


It was the same smile as before, but why did I suddenly feel scared?


"Noeth."


Some distance ahead, another elder called Tharel summoned another spirit. Kugugu, the ground rumbled, and I, turning pale again, ppaljjak clung to Aria's leg.


Near the swordsmen finishing off the trolls, a stone arm rose up.


Then quietly, it dragged all the frozen trolls and the remaining ones, still thrashing, into the ground. After that, it was smooth sailing. The swordsmen, led by Elija, efficiently finished off the trolls whose heads were left exposed.


Comments